FSSAI License Required for running a Food Delivery App
Do you want to establish an online food delivery service? If yes, read to know more about the FSSAI license required for running a food delivery app in India.
Online food delivery apps had become very popular in the last few years. Nowadays, peoples enjoying food by ordering online through delivery apps. They attract customers through various offers and discounts. According to studies, online food delivery activity has increased to four times more than physical shops. In short, food delivery services already have a huge audience in the marketplace that can help the start-up to create a good customer base easily. Swiggy, Food Panda, Zomato, Uber Eats, etc., for instance, suddenly produce a huge source of revenue.
Do you require an FSSAI license to run a food delivery app in India?
Yes, you are required to obtain a food license for running every food business in India. In certain cases, since various states and jurisdictions have different rules, the list of licenses you may need depends on your area. The most significant licenses you need to run an online food delivery application in India are as follows:-
- E-commerce agreement: A contractual arrangement between the website owner of the specific company and the third party is an e-commerce agreement. In your situation, the deal will be between you, the delivery guy, and the restaurants or food vendors, for example.
- Health or Trade License: A commercial health license is required for companies with products and services that directly impact public health, such as manufacturing units, sales, warehouses and restaurants.
- Business Registration: Integrating your business is the best way to protect your assets when managing such an operation. You may choose to be a sole proprietorship, LLP, or partnership, depending on your needs and size.
- Signage License: You will need to obtain a signage license if you choose to promote your company with the use of ads, promotional signs, and logos.
- Tax Registration: Based on your income and the products you sell, you will have to register for tax payments.
- FSSAI License: The FSSAI registration is one of the most important registration required by any food business operator in India. It is one of the most important licenses for a food delivery company, and it can be obtained online by visiting our FSSAI License Registration website.
- Shop and Establishment License: In most states, companies must also obtain a Shop Act license. This license, which was given by the Ministry of Labour.
- If you face any issue regarding FSSAI Registration, please feel free to contact us at fssairegistrar.org and we will contact you shortly.
Who Needs An FSSAI License/ Food License
Documents Required For Food License / FSSAI Registration
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Any Identity Proof document like Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License.
- Possession proof of a premises (if different as mentioned in ID Proof Documents).
- Declaration form.
- NOC Certificate by Municipality/Panchayat.